Friday, May 6, 2011

The Shelving Incident

Due to circumstances beyond my control, there are some shelves in The Flatmates room.* There are four separate ones, two on each wall. Upon one of these shelves are some things which are mine. They are rather boring work-related things, but they do take up the whole shelf. At this point, I should like to mention that they take up one shelf. Just one. And it's the highest one. Pretty much out of reach, actually.
According to The Flatmate, however, this is A Problem.
The latest line I had, involving money again, was to the tone of; "well I'm paying for a room I can't even use, it's half taken up with your stuff!"

Oh sod off!!

When in the history of the world has "Half" been equal to "one shelf that you can't reach anyway". Maths my dear, maths.

I have taken the liberty to work out the volume of the room in litres. Well, not exactly, I've approximated, but it's close enough without getting into too much detail! If you filled the room with water it would contain 27500L. The shelf in question would contain 300 litres.

That makes it just slightly less than 1.1% of the room!!

So, ladies and gentlemen. Mathematics has been rewritten by my Frustrating Flatmate!

1/2 = 1.1%


My Dear Readers, I give you full permission to cite this entry as a reference when explaining to your own lovely landlords that, should any unforeseen circumstances arise requiring you to pay them half of the rent, you will actually only be paying them 0.01% of the total you owe!
Happy days!


*I shan't bother to bore you with the circumstances, suffice to say there's sod all I can do about the shelves being there for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment